Friday, April 20, 2012

24 Hour Read-A-Thon

It's almost time! Nine hours from now I will be comfortably perched in my bed or reading chair, getting ready to begin my 24 hours of reading. To be quite honest, I am not expecting to make it 24 hours. I will for sure need a nap sometime in the afternoon, and I may take a nap in the middle of the night. I am a bear when don't have any sleep!

Here is my reading pile for the Read-A-Thon-


Switch by Carolyn Snow
Enclave by Ann Aguirre
A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter
The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe

I am most likely not going to get to all of these books, but I am hoping to knock out at least two, maybe three. I read painstakingly slow (60 pages/hour), so it takes me FOREVER to finish a book. This is also the reason I picked books that were 300 pages or less.

I will try to continue to blog during this venture, but it is not my priority. I am aiming to knock out as many library books as I can! Taking breaks from reading slows me down to much. I will try to check in every 4 or so hours to update you!

It's not to late to join the read-a-thon! You can even be a cheerleader if reading is not your forte. Here is the website.

Good luck on your reading challenges!

-McKenna :)
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Feeling Carefree kit by Vera Lim Design