Wednesday, June 13, 2012

How fast can you read?


So, anyone who has ever met me and talked about books know that I HATE how slow I read. It just irks me that some people can read a 400 page book in an hour, where it takes me about 5-6 hours. So, one day I decided to measure just how fast I actually read. I had been hearing about this neat Staples app that measures your WPM, so I decided to give it a go. Let's just say I was pleasantly suprised by my speed!

According to the test I can read 348 WPM, which is 39% higher than the national average.
At that rate I can read ..

War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy in 28 hours and 8 minutes
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling in 3 hours and 41 minutes
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens in 6 hours and 29 minutes
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte in 5 hours and 10 minutes
The Bible in 37 hours and 15 minutes

The list goes on and on...I just found this really neat and wanted to share, so there ya go!

I hope you all are having a fabulous day!


2 comments:

  1. This was great! I did it -
    I read 360 words per minute - 44% faster than average. I could red the Bible in 36 hrs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! You are a speedy reader! Glad to add some entertainment to your day :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting! I love to hear feedback and I also love to check out your blogs, so feel free to leave a link!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Feeling Carefree kit by Vera Lim Design