Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Armchair BEA- A Positive Book Experience



Happy Wednesday! So today we are supposed to share a great bookish experience we have had, whether it was a signing, blogger meet-up, or other experience. I am going to share about my first ever book signing.

When I was in kindergarten, I was completely obsessed with the book series called Junie B. Jones. And when I say obsessed, I mean complete fan-girl obsessed. Before the new book was set to be released, I always made my mom pre-order the book so it arrived on my doorstep on the release date (not much has changed, huh?!). So, when I heard from my teacher that Junie B. Jones was having a book tour, I went ballistic. The minute I got home from school, I could not stop talking about it. My mom looked it up on the computer and found out the signing would be taking place at a Barnes and Noble about an hour and a half away. At first my mom said no, it was too far. Eventually though, I broke her down and she said she would drive me there.


So, on the day of the signing I hopped in the car with my best friend Rachel, and we drove. You have no idea the excitement I had to finally meet Junie B. Jones (at least I thought it was her). When we arrived at the signing, there stood a line at least 200 people long wrapped around the Barnes and Noble. But, I was totally prepared to wait, much to my mom's chagrin. I don't even know how long we waited, but by the time we got to the front of the line, I was exhausted. Everything became worth it when I finally reached the front of the line, carrying my stack of Junie B. Jones books. I swear I brought every single one I owned with me. Even though she told me she could only sign one, I was ecstatic.

The whole ride home I could not stop talking about Junie B. Jones. I think my mom was just glad to be home and away from all of the crazy Kindergartners! I think that was one of the first times that I actually really got into the book community. And to think I was only six!

Have you had any great experiences with books? Have you ever read Junie B. Jones books for either yourself or your kids?






6 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, I haven't heard of Junie B. Jones but your story was very adorable. Really at such a young age, you're already a fangirl and a reader? Cool, dude!!!

    Happy Day Three of ArmchairBEA to you!

    My entry to the ArmchairBEA topic networking

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of Junie B. Jones, but I have a 6-year-old girl at home, and you can bet that I'm going to check them out for her! She is just starting to experience the joys of early chapter books. Right now she's into the Rainbow Fairy books by Daisy Meadows. I love that you went to an author event at the age of six! Now you've inspired me to start searching for children's author events in my area.

    Thanks for stopping by my Armchair BEA Networking Post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'm glad to have inspired someone with my story!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like such a great experience! Glad you mom was so supportive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fabulous experience. I have an amazing mom. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting! I love to hear feedback and I also love to check out your blogs, so feel free to leave a link!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Feeling Carefree kit by Vera Lim Design