Friday, August 31, 2012

August Reading Wrap-Up

 
Wow! I cannot believe how fast August has flown by! I feel like it just started and I was not quite ready to go back to school. Now I am three weeks in and loving it! I haven't got quite as much reading done this month, but I am sure one my workload evens out and I get acclimated to the school I will be reading quite a bit more!
 
  • Speechless by Hannah Harrington- I started out August with a bang! I really loved this book and you can tell by my glowing review. The concept was really unique and was executed quite nicely too! Review here.
     
  • October Sky by Homer Hickam- This was my required summer reading, and I ended up finishing it 3 weeks into school when we finally had to get it read. I really ended up enjoying this book and the fact that it was non fiction made it even cooler. Now I just need to go watch the movie!
     
  • Cobbogoth by Hannah L. Clark- Add this book to the list of books I enjoyed this month. I ended up reading this book for Utah Book Month so I could interview the author. I really liked the unique concept and action packed plot this story provided. Review here.
     
  • My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick- I LOVED this book so so much! I have really been enjoying the contemporary genre lately, and this book is definitely in the creme de la creme of contemporaries! Review here.
     
  • Eve and Adam by Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate- I started this book a few days ago and I am about half way through. So far it is enjoyable, but not much has happened. We shall see where the story goes!
That is all for August! Hopefully September gets even better!

Happy Reading!
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Feeling Carefree kit by Vera Lim Design