Monday, August 6, 2012

August TBR

Hi everyone! Today instead of my regular posting of Recommend A...I decided to post what I was planning on reading in August. I start school next Monday, so I am trying to finish up as many books as possible before I get too busy. Most of the books on this list are books that are for review or I need to read for school. Not much room for free reading this month :(

  • Speechless by Hannah Harrington- I have heard so much hype surrounding this book and Saving June that I decided to try my luck at getting accepted on Netgalley. I don't usually have much luck, so I was gobsmacked to find out that I was accepted! I am almost halfway finished and so far I am really liking it!
    
  • Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs- I have also heard lots about this book, especially the fact that it is quite creepy. I have always loved the cover, so I had been meaning to read it. It was requested from me on PBS the other day, so I decided to try it out. I am about 80 pages in and very much enjoying it so far.

  • Unearthly by Cynthia Hand- This book was also requested from me on PBS the other day. I have had many friends that have read and loved this book, so I am excited to start. Plus, the cover is gorgeous and purple!

  • My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick- I knew I wouldn't last the month without one book that I am dying to read, so I added this one to the pile. Crossing my fingers that I get to this one because I have heard it is flipping fantastic!

  • Cobbogoth by Hannah L. Clark- I will be reading this book soon for Utah Book Month. The synopsis sounds really cool and Hannah is super sweet. I will have a review of the book and interview with her up around the 20th.

  • Nolichuck by Jackson Keene- I received this book for review last month and have decided to add it to the pile for this month. I am hoping to get it read pretty soon. I will be interviewing the author also, so look out for that sometime soon!

  • October Sky by Homer Hickam- October Sky is my required reading for 9th Grade Lit this year, and it is supposed to be read by the first day of school. Knowing me, I knew I would procrastinate until the last minute, so of course I still haven't read it yet. It will be a mad dash to finish this book this week, but I think I can do it (I hope).

That's it for me! How many books are you hoping to read this month?
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Feeling Carefree kit by Vera Lim Design