Hi everyone! Today instead of my regular posting of Recommend A...I decided to post what I was planning on reading in August. I start school next Monday, so I am trying to finish up as many books as possible before I get too busy. Most of the books on this list are books that are for review or I need to read for school. Not much room for free reading this month :(
- Speechless by Hannah Harrington- I have heard so much hype surrounding this book and Saving June that I decided to try my luck at getting accepted on Netgalley. I don't usually have much luck, so I was gobsmacked to find out that I was accepted! I am almost halfway finished and so far I am really liking it!
- Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs- I have also heard lots about this book, especially the fact that it is quite creepy. I have always loved the cover, so I had been meaning to read it. It was requested from me on PBS the other day, so I decided to try it out. I am about 80 pages in and very much enjoying it so far.
- Unearthly by Cynthia Hand- This book was also requested from me on PBS the other day. I have had many friends that have read and loved this book, so I am excited to start. Plus, the cover is gorgeous and purple!
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick- I knew I wouldn't last the month without one book that I am dying to read, so I added this one to the pile. Crossing my fingers that I get to this one because I have heard it is flipping fantastic!
- Cobbogoth by Hannah L. Clark- I will be reading this book soon for Utah Book Month. The synopsis sounds really cool and Hannah is super sweet. I will have a review of the book and interview with her up around the 20th.
- Nolichuck by Jackson Keene- I received this book for review last month and have decided to add it to the pile for this month. I am hoping to get it read pretty soon. I will be interviewing the author also, so look out for that sometime soon!
- October Sky by Homer Hickam- October Sky is my required reading for 9th Grade Lit this year, and it is supposed to be read by the first day of school. Knowing me, I knew I would procrastinate until the last minute, so of course I still haven't read it yet. It will be a mad dash to finish this book this week, but I think I can do it (I hope).
That's it for me! How many books are you hoping to read this month?