Sunday, August 19, 2012

In My Mailbox (19)

Hi guys! Welcome to this weeks In My Mailbox, a meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren! So this week has been pretty busy in the books department purely because I received my reading list for freshman year. I knew I would forget about the books quickly, so I had my mom order them the day I found out. Most of them seem pretty boring, but you never know. I may end up completely loving them!

Bought-
  • The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot- This is the only school book I am completely pumped to read. The premise sounds super cool, and the fact that it is true makes it that much more interesting.

  • The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls- I haven't heard anything about this book before except for a negative review from a friend of mine, so I am a bit afraid that I will hate it. The premise sounds interesting, so I will see how it goes.
  • A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare- My mom actually admitted to loving this book when she read it, so I am very excited to see what I think. I have read a few of Shakespeare's other works, and so far I haven't really cared for them. Here's to hoping this one is different!
  • The Odyssey of Homer- Guys, this book is really intimidating sitting up on my bookshelf. It's not a very large book, but it packs in a whopping 600 pages! Hopefully I spark an interest early, or this may be a tough read for me. I am hoping my love of Greek mythology is satisfied during this book.
  • Liar by Justine Larbalestier- We were in the city the other day and decided to stop into the Goodwill and browse the book section (which I love, for the record!). I saw this book on the shelf and I recognized the authors last name, so I decided I would try it out. It was only 1.99, so if I hate its not that big of a loss for me.
From Netgalley-

  • Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett- I have been hearing a lot of buzz about this book lately, so I decided to request it on Netgalley. I am so happy that I was approved so I can finally see what I think!
From the library-
  • Starters by Lissa Price- I have been wanting to read this book for a while now, and I was pumped when the library finally notified me that it had arrived! I love the cover and the story sounds really cool!

That's it for me! What wonderful books landed in your mailboxes this week?
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Feeling Carefree kit by Vera Lim Design