Hi guys! Welcome to this weeks In My Mailbox, a meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren! So this week has been pretty busy in the books department purely because I received my reading list for freshman year. I knew I would forget about the books quickly, so I had my mom order them the day I found out. Most of them seem pretty boring, but you never know. I may end up completely loving them!
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot- This is the only school book I am completely pumped to read. The premise sounds super cool, and the fact that it is true makes it that much more interesting.
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls- I haven't heard anything about this book before except for a negative review from a friend of mine, so I am a bit afraid that I will hate it. The premise sounds interesting, so I will see how it goes.
- A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare- My mom actually admitted to loving this book when she read it, so I am very excited to see what I think. I have read a few of Shakespeare's other works, and so far I haven't really cared for them. Here's to hoping this one is different!
- The Odyssey of Homer- Guys, this book is really intimidating sitting up on my bookshelf. It's not a very large book, but it packs in a whopping 600 pages! Hopefully I spark an interest early, or this may be a tough read for me. I am hoping my love of Greek mythology is satisfied during this book.
- Liar by Justine Larbalestier- We were in the city the other day and decided to stop into the Goodwill and browse the book section (which I love, for the record!). I saw this book on the shelf and I recognized the authors last name, so I decided I would try it out. It was only 1.99, so if I hate its not that big of a loss for me.
- Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett- I have been hearing a lot of buzz about this book lately, so I decided to request it on Netgalley. I am so happy that I was approved so I can finally see what I think!
From the library-
- Starters by Lissa Price- I have been wanting to read this book for a while now, and I was pumped when the library finally notified me that it had arrived! I love the cover and the story sounds really cool!
That's it for me! What wonderful books landed in your mailboxes this week?