Monday, July 2, 2012

Recommend A...(4)

Hey guys! Welcome to this weeks Recommend A... a meme hosted by Shanyn at Chick Loves Lit. This weeks topic is Recommed A..contemporary book.
*Book is linked to its Goodreads page

Something Like Fate by Susane Colasanti

Best friends Lani and Erin couldn't be more different. Lani's reserved and thoughtful; Erin's bubbly and outgoing. Lani likes to do her own thing; Erin prefers an entourage. There's no possible way they could be interested in the same guy.
So when Erin starts dating Jason, Lani can't believe she feels such a deep connection with him--and it may be mutual. The more Lani fights it, the more certain she feels that it's her fate to be with Jason. But what do you do when the love of your life is the one person you can't have?
--Goodreads


So, I'm not all that huge into contemporary books, so when I read one and actually like it, it is a huge deal. I read Something Like Fate recently and just really got into the story. It was relateable and had drama (read- catfights!) I had never read any of Mrs. Colasanti's books before, but now I am excited to try out some more. Dystopian will always be my favorite genre, but I think I can give contemporary a small piece of my heart!

Here is my review if you are curious

What contemporary books do you recommend I try?

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Feeling Carefree kit by Vera Lim Design