Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July Reading Wrap-Up

Guys! I am so sad. I cannot believe how fast this summer has flown by! In two weeks I will be back in a new school, sitting at a different desk and figuring out the workings of my new high school. I will totally miss the hours I can spend in the summer just reading. Hopefully this school year will bring lots of awesome change, but I will miss the slow pace of summertime.

Now that I have that off of my chest, here are all of the books I read in the month of July. I didn't do quite as well as I had hoped, but still pretty good compared to what I read during the school year!
*All books are linked to Goodreads


  •  Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne - I started off July with a bang by picking up this book. I had just finished up Insurgent and I was craving some more death and destruction. This book rocked my socks off! Maybe not the perfect beach read, but you know to each their own. Read my review here.
  • Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher- On the car ride home from the beach, I decided it was finally time to pick up Thirteen Reasons Why. I hadn't totally prepared myself by the feelings it would expose, but it was a book I will definitely never forget. If you haven't read this book, you need to. It completely changed my views on life. Read my review here.
  • The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky- This book was the book that most surprised me this month. Not in a good way either. I was already a bit emotionally impacted after finishing Thirteen Reasons Why, but this book was just the nail in the coffin. It was just to many emotions to handle all at once, and the main character was extremely boring, which made it harder to enjoy. I think I may have been to young to fully appreciate what the book was about. Read my review here.
  • The Selection by Kiera Cass- After finishing up TPoBaW, I decided I needed a fluffy book to lighten the mood I was put in. I am still trying to figure out my true thoughts about this book. In my review I deemed it a love/hate type book. I was in love with the concept and the gorgeous cover (lets all take a minute to swoon), but the execution just fell flat for me. It took me a full week to write a review that even partially sums up my true feelings about this book. Read my review here. (Link goes live tomorrow)

  • Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot- After finishing The Selection, I knew I need a for real, laugh-out-loud contemporary. I can always count on Meg to give a happy, light feeling when I read her books. The timing also happened to work out perfectly as I was due to read this book for the Meg-A-Readers Reathathon anyway. Let me just say THANK GOD FOR MEG CABOT. Nuff' said. I loved this book like I love all of her others. Read my review here. 
  • The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg- This is the final book that I actually completed this month, and I am glad to say that I ended July on a happy note. I have never read any of Mrs. Eulbergs books before, but I am glad to say that I definitely will be. I adored this book. The characters were great. The book was a cute, light book and something I will probably re-read in the future just for a laugh or two! My review will be up in early August.
  • Unwind by Neal Shusterman- I have been eyeing Neal's books for quite a while now, but Aneeqah at My Not So Real Life finally gave me the push I needed to actually try one. I am still not sure how I feel about the concept, but I will say it is an engaging book. I just haven't had the time to sit down and read, especially with the Olympics going on. This will be my last personal read for a while. I have quite a few review requests that I need to fulfill in August, so I will see if I survive or not ;)

That is it for me! I knocked 3 books (4 if you count Unwind) off of my TBR for July, so I am extremely proud. Hopefully August goes just as well! Happy reading!
     
 
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Feeling Carefree kit by Vera Lim Design