Friday, March 9, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! After much self persuasion I have decided to start this blog for two reasons....


1. I LOVE to read. Not just for the story, but also for the feel of a book in my hands (new or old!), the smell (there is nothing quite like the smell of a bookstore!), and the rush you feel when you open the next highly anticipated book on your wishlist and hear the crunch of the spine. I love to share my love of books with others and I am constantly sharing my reccomendations with friends and family. You know you are a book-a-holic when your to be read (TBR) pile amasses over eighty book! I live for the days when I can curl up in my bed and read my entire book in one sitting with a nice cup of tea and my giant fuzzy blanket! Or the nights when I run a hot bath and sit in the water until it is cold trying to get to a stopping point that will never come. We book-a-holics are a breed of our own!

2. The second reason I began this blog is to meet with others like me. I have always been the black sheep of my family. Growing up, my parents and brother always wondered why I didn't want to come outside and play with my friends. My answer was always "but I want to read my book. Just one more chapter please!". My mom always joked that I was like Belle in Beauty and the Beast when she walks through town with her nose in a book, bumping into people along the way. When I was in school, while other kids were reprimanded for not meeting their reading requirements, I was getting yelled at for reading too much! (Is there ever too much reading?). It got to the point where I was sneaking a book behind my science textbook and reading during class! I always wondered how I was related to my family. I don't believe my dad has touched a book since high school. GASP! I can't wait for future adventures on this blog when I can meet new friends and talk with -crazies- bookaholics like me!


Please bear with me as I get used to the world of blogging! I will be experimenting alot and playing with new templates, layouts, etc. Because I have never played with/ had a blog before, i have a huge learning curve to overcome. I know at first this blog may not be so hot but I will be trying my hardest to get it to as close to perfection as possible!
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Feeling Carefree kit by Vera Lim Design