Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Anna and the French Kiss
Author- Stephanie Perkins
Published- December 2nd, 2010
Dutton
372 pages
Obtained from PBS

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home. As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?
Oh my goodness! How in the world have I waited this long to dive into this book? People have been telling me for months how fantastic it is and I am so glad I picked it up!

I really like the cover of Anna. The colors are great and very attractive. I like how it shows a bit of her and Etienne (I am assuming) and ties in the setting as well. I will say that the cover model is a little too perfect looking. She isn't what I pictured Anna to look like at all. I think they could have used a quirkier girl. But, overall the cover is appealing to look at.

I loved loved loved the setting of this book. I have always wanted to go back to Europe, but most especially Paris! It sounds like such a gorgeous city and it served as a fantastic backdrop for the story. Reading about all of the landmarks made me want to visit!

Anna was a great character! She was unique and had a great personality. She had just enough turmoil in her life to make the book interesting and not burdening. I really liked the fact that her father was a Nicholas Sparks esque writer, especially because I love reading Sparks books!

And then there is Etienne. Pardon me a minute while I swoon. I don't see how anyone could NOT fall in love with Etienne St. Clair! Boys with rough backgrounds make the best guys to read about. He was unique as well and I could just picture his staggeringly great looks. The supporting characters were all great as well. They added a unique spice and twist to each part of the story.

The plot in Anna was quick and the story overall was extremely well written. I had a hard time putting the book down!

Overall, don't waste another minute of your life without reading this book! The story was fast and the characters were interesting. All I can say is READ THIS BOOK!
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Feeling Carefree kit by Vera Lim Design