Saturday, March 17, 2012

Fun Friday (on Saturday!)

Happy Saturday to all of my lovely book-a-holics! I woke up this morning to a beautiful sunrise and sixty degree weather. Closely followed by an extremely relaxing yoga class. So now that I am in a zen state of mind, I have decided that it is time you got to know me just a little bit better. I have decided to answer a few questions I found over at the wonderful Wall-to-wall books!



1. Are you a night-owl or early-bird? For sure I am a night-owl. On most nights you will find me up until 12 or 1 a.m. reading a book or tinkering around on the computer. The only negative to that is I HAVE to get up in the morning...ugh

2. If you were going to go on vacation and could only travel via airplane or ship, which would you choose? - Most definitely airplane. Besides being a million times quicker, I also have insane seasickness....most of the time when I am on a boat I am loaded with Dramamine.

3. Name your favorite holiday? - Christmas! I love that it is the time of year when you meet up with all of your family and friends and celebrate life. Presents are just a bonus :)

4. Do you watch any reality shows? If so, which ones? - I have an insane obsession with Dance Mom's, even though Abby Lee Miller drives me up a wall! I also watch Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Grey's Anatomy (Dr. Shepherd -- *drools on keyboard) and Pretty Little Liars.

5. What is your favorite genre to read and what was the last book in that genre you've read? Young Adult hands down is my favorite genre. Last book read is Pretty Little Secrets by Sara Shepard. I will occasionally pick up chick-lit, but on a very rare occasion. I think the last chick- lit novel I read was Mini-Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella (love her!)

6. Which do you prefer - a snowstorm or thunderstorm? Thunderstorms as long as they don't encompass tornadoes. Growing up we used to sit in the garage and watch the lightning and count how far away the storm was by the thunder!

7. If you could travel to any country, which would it be? I would love to go back to Europe. I went to Paris about 13 years ago and I have always wanted to go back and see all of the differences. I would also love to got to Greece, England, Spain, Portugal, Turkey and Germany. I would also love to visit Hawaii and Alaska ( I hear they are both gorgeous in their own ways)

8. What are the five songs you listen to the most? Thanks to my Kindle Fire, I now have access to single music instead of just Cd's. I have been listening to a lot of Zac Brown Band lately and I have also been in an Elton John mood for the past few weeks.

TOP 5 Songs












  1. A Drop In The Ocean by Ron Pope





  2. Mean by Taylor Swift





  3. Keep Me In Mind by Zac Brown Band





  4. Birthday Dress by Lil Playy





  5. Set Fire to the Rain by Adele





As you can tell, I have quite an eclectic taste in music!

9. Do you have any phobias? - Having an allergy that I haven't yet discovered! This freaks me out so much!

10. Who are your top three favorite authors? Wow this is hard! I would have to say at the moment I like Sara Dessen, Sara Shepard and Veronica Roth (I am dying for Insurgent to come out!) This changes quite often depending on if I discover any new author I am in LOVE with.

11. If you were stuck on an abandoned island for one year and could take five fiction books with you, what would they be? - I think I would probably bring the first five Harry Potter books. I have been meaning to re-read the series as it has been quite a while. On top of that, they are very large books!

I hope this helped you get to know me a bit better! As always, you can copy these questions and use them as your own. I would love to get to know y'all!

Until Next Time,
~McKenna :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay, I'm so glad you did these. The questions were actually from my friend Jen from "At Random" she became a follower of you blog.

    "Having an allergy that I haven't yet discovered" this was so funny!
    I am doing an all YA month in April so you should stop by to check out my reviews, i have some great books planned and some giveaways.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I love to hear feedback and I also love to check out your blogs, so feel free to leave a link!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Feeling Carefree kit by Vera Lim Design